I run a test against to the MySQL Server with the test tool of the binary distribution in Linux OS(red hat 9.0). But many of the test cases failed. My test method and the output results are following:

1.batch test command
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/alias.result test < t/alias.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/alter_table.result test < t/alter_table.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/analyse.result test < t/analyse.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/analyze.result test < t/analyze.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/ansi.result test < t/ansi.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/archive.result test < t/archive.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/auto_increment.result test < t/auto_increment.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/backup.result test < t/backup.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bdb-alter-table-1.result test < t/bdb-alter-table-1.test mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bdb-alter-table-2.result test < t/bdb-alter-table-2.test mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bdb-crash.result test < t/bdb-crash.test mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bdb-deadlock.result test < t/bdb-deadlock.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bdb.result test < t/bdb.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bdb_cache.result test < t/bdb_cache.test mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bench_count_distinct.result test < t/bench_count_distinct.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bigint.result test < t/bigint.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/binary.result test < t/binary.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/binlog.result test < t/binlog.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/blackhole.result test < t/blackhole.test
mysqltest -h localhost -u root -R r/bool.result test < t/bool.test

2.output results

ok
mysqltest: At line 343: query 'CREATE TABLE T12207(a int) ENGINE=MYISAM' failed: 1050: Table 'T12207' already exists
not ok
ok
ok
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
ok
mysqltest: No to-string for last from-string
mysqltest: Can't initialize replace from replace_result ": 1" ": X" ": 2" ": X" ":
22" ": X" ": 23" ": X" $MYSQL_TEST_DIR MYSQL_TEST_DIR
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
ok
not ok
ok
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
This test is not supported by this installation
skipped
ok

From the output results, we can find that many test cases are failed. These test cases is only a little part of the all test cases. Many others also failed. Is the test mothed that I used wrong ? Or the test cases that provided by MySQL are wrong? I don't think so many test cases failed like this is normal. But I could't ensure the reason. Who can help me? ( Note: MySQL Server 's version that i used is v5.0.12. The test cases are all come from the \mysql-test\r\ subdirectory. The test tools is included in /usr/bin/ that is installed with the MySQL Server's installation. )