Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 10:49 PM
Subject: Innodb open files issue

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5D02F.2BE09467

Hi,

I have mysql 4.1.14  on solaris 9 and have just switched to using the
innodb_file_per_table option. Previously I was using MyISAM tables and
created about 700 tables.

The rlim_fd_cur and rlim_fd_max kernel paramteres are set to 256.

=20

I'm getting an error from innodb that it is running out of file
descriptors. I did not get this when using MyISAM tables.

=20

Does the innodb not use the table cache when innodb_file_per_table is
set? Where is this documented?

=20

thanks,

Jo