Bruno Cochofel wrote:
From http://www.mysqlusers.com/msg/37105.html we have:

<>Reset the password to pre-4.1 style for each user that needs to use a
pre-4.1 client program. This can be done using the SET PASSWORD
statement and the OLD_PASSWORD() function:
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

[snip]

That actually looks like something I may have done. I *did* upgrade to 4.0 from 3.?, and may have had to do that to keep it all working at the time(PHP 4 and all). When I installed 4.1, I just copied the DB files over to that server so all of that would have gone with it at the time.

Like I said, it was a while back when I installed DBD and even further back when I updated mysql. I've slept since then. :D

Hope that works for you.