Dear MySQL,

My MySQL 4.1.9 has lost the ability to work out what IP address clients are connecting from. Eg:

$ mysqladmin  processlist
+----+------+---------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| Id | User | Host          | db   | Command | Time | State | Info        |
| 5  | test | 0.0.0.0:55049 | test | Sleep   | 10   |       |        |
| 6 | root | localhost | | Query | 0 | | show processlist |

This is annoying as I can't authenticate users based on their IP address.

I suspect this may be a clash between IPv6 and IPv4. It happened after a patch was applied to the AIX operating system and MySQL recompiled.

Would any members have experience or ideas of how this problem may be resolved?

Regards,

Ben