Than you very much . It is working

Anil
DBA

-----Original Message-----
From: Dobromir Velev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:58 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Cc: Anil
Subject: Re: connection issue

When you connect without specifing the host, the mysql client will try to
connect using the mysql socket file (usually /tmp/mysql.sock
or /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock) and when you specify the IP address it will
try
to connect using a TCP connection to port 3306.

My guess is the you have name lookups turned on. If this is the case mysql
will try to resolve the IP address given and probably the 192.168.3.111  IP
is not resolving properly. The solution for this is to a add a

skip-name-resolve

option to your MySQL configuration file.

You might also check http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/dns.html and the

related articles in the MySQL documentation

HTH
Dobromir Velev

--

Dobromir Velev