hi all..

I started a select count(1) command on a table in mysql, assuming it will
end soon within the off peak time..
But now the peak load time is about to start, so i tried to kill that
query..

logged into mysql as root.
show processlist for getting the thread id.
kill 85300 (thrad_id)

After doing this the state of the query has changed to killed, but still it
is showing like this

85300 | root  | localhost               | db_name | Killed  |  23055 |
Sending data | select count(1) from

I have issued the kill command almost 1hour back..but still it is showing up
this query..And the iowait on the DB server is touching 60%..generally in
off peak times it should be 35%. (i seriously suspect this query for the
high iowaits)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
sujay