At 1:45 PM -0400 5/9/01, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a way i can strip bad characters out
>of a mysql database field namely the < > charators. These charactors are
>causing havok for
>me when I try and post data to the web. Thanks Alot.

Why not just encode your data properly when you display it?
For example if you're using Perl and CGI.pm, use escapeHTML()
to escape any characters that are special in HTML before you
display them.

Or by "post", do you mean that you're having problems interpreting
the contents of a submitted form.

Paul DuBois, [EMAIL PROTECTED]