Hello.

I don't think that it is possible to recover the data from the new

table, because ALTER operation creates a new table and fills it with

data (and truncates the data). But why did the system backup not help

you? Could you describe the situation more in detail. If you haven't

flushed you binary logs, you may want to make an attempt to recover the

data from them.

       <___/   www.mysql.com