I ran into a problem on a replication setup, where if you issue the
following CREATE statement on the master the table will get created and
the query entered into the binlog, however the slave ignores it silently:
        CREATE TABLE `db`.`table` (a INT DEFAULT 0)

I have duplicated this exact issue on several different setups, one
running 4.0.24 on both the slave and master. Is this by design, is it a
bug, or?

The manual states
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-table.html):
"In MySQL 5.0, the table name can be specified as db_name.tbl_name to
create the table in a specific database. This works whether or not there
is a current database. If you use quoted identifiers, quote the database
and table names separately. For example, `mydb`.`mytbl` is legal, but
`mydb.mytbl` is not."

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator