Dustin Krysak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/24/2005
03:14:02 PM:

> Sorry - but to add to this, the command is actually in a bash script.
> I suspect it is the single quotes and or the "()" characters....
>
> Dustin
>

> On 24-Oct-05, at 11:57 AM, Dustin Krysak wrote:
>
> > Hi there - I am trying to issue the following command in a terminal
> > window... I know my syntax is slightly off, however I can not see
> > what... it seems to be due to the OLD_PASSWORD function... any
> > pointers?
> >

> > mysql -u${DB_NAME} -p${DB_PASSWORD} -e"GRANT select, update,
> > insert, delete ON $DBNAME.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY
> > \"$DBPASS\";SET PASSWORD FOR [EMAIL PROTECTED] = OLD_PASSWORD
> > ('$DBPASS');flush privileges;"
> >
> > Dustin

What's the actual error you are getting? Can you somehow view the string
you are sending to the server? I don't know BASH at all or I could suggest
something to let you see it. You may need to add more single quotes around
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As I said, without knowing the precise error message or knowing what your
final string would look like, I am just shooting in the dark.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine