I recently installed MySQL 2.23.37 from the unstable Debian package on a
dual-processor PII 350 w/ 128MB SDRAM running linux 2.4.2

For fun (since I've never tried running any of the benchmarks) I compiled
sql-bench and executed run-all-tests as root (didn't feel like setting up
the required premissions for test).

Now I'm a little concerned, as the test took hours to complete (I don't
know the exact amount of time, as I didn't time it and left to do
something else before the job finished, but it had been running for well
over an hour when I left.

Can someone tell me if this is reasonable or is something in my system
horribly misconfigured?  (I.e. if run-all-tests typically finishes in 10
minutes on a comparable system then I think I might be in trouble.)

 Gallons of oil per day that the proposed drilling of Alaska's Arctic
 National Wildlife Refuge is projected to yield:  42,000,000

 Gallons by which daily U.S. oil consumption would drop if SUVs' average
 fuel efficiency increased by 3 mpg:              49,000,000
   _    Patrick Goetz
 _| ~-. Dept. of Mathematics
 \, *_} The University of Texas at Austin        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   \(   Austin, Texas 78712-1084                 Phone:  (512) 232-2746
        http://www.ma.utexas.edu/users/pgoetz