Hi all,

I've got a problem that I don't understand and that is driving me mad.

I have a table 'tab_p' with this structure:

name    type
---------------------------------------
p_id    mediumint(8) AUTOINCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
d_id    smallint(5)  NOT NULL
name    varchar(50)  NOT NULL

And unique index on (d_id, name).

ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
COLLATE utf8_slovak_ci or utf8_czech_ci

And there is a row with (for example) these data:
p_id    d_id    name
------------------------
953     20602   Machico

When I try query:
SELECT * FROM tab_p WHERE d_id = 20602 AND name LIKE 'Machico'
-> no results

So I try to insert the row:
INSERT INTO tab_p (d_id, name) VALUES (20602, 'Machico')
-> Error: #1062 - Duplicate entry '20602-Machico' for key 2

Why!!!???

There are thousands of records in the table an they work fine but then there occures some normal word (even with no special characters) and it behaves like this.

Can anyone help me?

I'm running MySQL 4.1.11 on Linux.

Thanks
Wenca