My table products has ship_status INT, where it is either 1 or 0.  I have
been moving those style fields to enum('now', 'soon') because it makes more
sense to me to be able to see the real values.

The problem is this is a live DB, and I am working on a dev site against the
live db, as much as I want to change the ship_status INTO to an enum, it
requires too many changes in application code to do so.

I added a field to cart_test called shipping_status, which I want to make a
enum field.

Right now, my update works as follows, and works fine, however, I want to do
a condition to say if products.ship_status = 1 then set
cart_test.shipping_status to 'now' else set it to 'soon'

UPDATE cart_test, products
SET cart_test.shipping_status = products.ship_status
WHERE products.id = cart_test.product_id AND cart_test.session_id = '5511'

Is this even possible, if so, can someone help me out a bit.
Thanks