Hello.

Do you have your Slave is still trying to reconnect? If yes, are

you sure that you don't have network problems?

> I have a script checking for when the replication fails but that does

>not  include this type problem. Is this a bug in replication or do I

>need to update my script to check for this ?

Replication fails sometimes. I haven't found similar bug, but if

you able perform an upgrade to the latest release. Often it helps.

If you want to debug the problem make a research of the binary logs

to find out the weird even, which causes Slave to reconnect. See:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-problems.html

       <___/   www.mysql.com