--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> <<<<Everything snipped>>>>
>
> David, is it at all intuitive to organize your
> geography into a tree-type
> structure?  Here is an example:
>
> Western Hemisphere (hemisphere)
>         C. America (continent)
>                 Guatemala (country)
>         N. America (continent)
>                 Canada (country)
>                         Manitoba (state/province)
>                                 Moose
>                                 Elk

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure if it's
workable. I'd need a separate row for every state,
province and nation the moose is native to. Ditto for
each of hundreds of species of rodents and bats.

Instead, I'm linking species to ecoregions, then
linking the ecoregions to geographic regions - which
may just be another version of what you're suggesting.

In fact, I have all the animal species organized into
a tree structure, and I already have a separate tree
structure for nations, states, etc. Maybe I can
combine them somehow.

Thanks.