[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
wang shuming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/31/2005 01:11:06 AM:
How could run mysqld-nt.exe in background on win2000/XP, not as a
would be useful in HIS operating system. AFAIK, there has never, ever, been a Windows (or DOS) command or command modifier to launch an executable in the background and I have been a Windows(DOS) user since the mid 80's. I believe I would have probably run across it a long time ago if it existed.

Shawn,

Back in the eighties we had several little utility programs that ran in the background. Does the name TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminate_and_Stay_Resident) ring a bell?

The ability to TSR was present from MS-DOS 2.0 until Windows ME, so there is no way to do this in Win2k/XP.

Regards, Jigal.