BÁRTHÁZI András wrote:
Hi,

When I migrated from 3.23 to 4.0 version (if I'm remember well), I think I missed to upgrade something, so all my MySQL users are able to see the list of the databases on my server. Currently, the MySQL version is 5.0.15, i ran the mysql database upgrade script, but it still is a problem. What should I do, to hide the databases, and my users just see the databases they have rights for to select/etc. from? Or is it the normal behaviour?

Bye,
  Andras

By "the mysql database upgrade script", do you mean mysql_fix_privilege_tables? Did you follow the upgrade instructions in the manual <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrade.html>? If you did, then the problem is probably with user privileges.

The default in 4.0 and higher is to only show databases for which a user has privileges, but this can be overridden for an individual user with the SHOW DATABASES privilege <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/show-databases.html>.

If you believe [EMAIL PROTECTED] can see databases he shouldn't, the first thing to do is to run

  SHOW GRANTS FOR [EMAIL PROTECTED];

to see what privileges he has.  Post the output if you need help interpreting
it.

Michael