In MS Access, linked tables (not imported tables) are live with the
backend. If you change something in a linked table, that change
automatically propogates to the origin of the link and changes the source
of the data. Try setting up your tables as linked tables and see if it
helps.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine