All,

I need help with using load data to load a text file that is created by another
application.

I have a text file that contains 2 columns, date and smallint and 2 rows:

d,e
2005-12-31,
,2

In the above example the first row, column e should be NULL and the second row
column d should be NULL.  The application that outputs this text files does not
output a \N for null it leave the data empty.

So when I load the data into MySQL, even though I have created the table as:

CREATE TABLE `a` (`d` date default NULL,`e` smallint(6) default NULL)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

The Load Data commands inserts a 0 for my values so the table looks like:
| d          | e    |
| 2005-12-31 |    0 |
| 0000-00-00 |    2 |

What can I say on the LOAD DATA command so the data is loaded as NULL and not 0?

I'm on windows and I've used the 4.1 and 5.0 clients to get this to work.

Thanks for your help.
Barbara