Hi Tracy, all,

I am following up to my own mail, as Tracy's reply was not sent to the list.
In most cases (including this one), this is _no_ good idea, as the "collective wisdom" of the list is greater than a personal one, and others might be interested in the responses as well.

Joerg Bruehe wrote:
 > Tracy wrote:

Dear sir,
 I am trying to uninstall my old Mysql version 4.0, however, I don't know
how to. Please give me some directions on how to do that.

You have a very high trust in the capabilities of our crystal balls ...

For a question like this, you should definitely _at least_ tell your platform and the package format you used for installation, also the exact MySQL version might be interesting.

These are the informations Tracy sent me:

| I have version 4.0.18 presently installed. I am operating on Windows XP
| Professional with SP2 (that means service pack 2 in case your crystal
| ball doesn't clarify that for you). The installation was performed using
| Winzip to extract the files to my C: drive and then I ran Setup.exe.

So you used a package with an included installer.
AFAIK, a right-click on the package and/or calling the installer again should provide you with an option to "uninstall".
Windows users might check / correct / explain better.

| Since the website doesn't offer any clarifying explanation about how
| to uninstall the application, I would like to get some instructions
| on that.

These should be in the manual, not on the web site in general.

| Hopefully this is sufficient information for you to instruct me on the
| procedures necessary to uninstall your product.

Just very general, see above.
Maybe you did not notice, but I am definitely _not_ a Windows expert (even though I know the term "SP2"), so I refer you to the list for further details.

HTH,
Joerg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com