I am running MySQL 5.0.15-nt on Windows 2000 PRO and use PHP as
front-end for word search in Bible.  My goal is to set an option for
case sensitivity in text search.  For example, if I want to search for
the word "Jehovah*" I would expect "Jehovah" not "JEHOVAH".  This
query works for my objective:

SELECT
        bo.book,
        b.chapter,
        b.verse,
        b.text
FROM
        avkjv.books bo
LEFT JOIN
        avkjv.bible b ON b.book=bo.number
WHERE
        text
COLLATE
        latin1_general_cs
LIKE
        CONCAT('%','Jehovah','%');

But if I want to turn case sensitivity off I tried to issue the query:

SELECT
        bo.book,
        b.chapter,
        b.verse,
        b.text
FROM
        avkjv.books bo
LEFT JOIN
        avkjv.bible b
        ON
        b.book=bo.number
WHERE
        text
LIKE
        CONCAT('%','Jehovah','%');

Without COLLATE function, and the result acted as if it is still case
sensitive.  I tried to look up in mysql to no avail.  How can I turn
'case sensitivity' off?

Thanks in advance,

Scott