Hi folks,

I want to load a set of PDFs into a MySQL 5 ISAM table. I'm using the following command

LOAD DATA INFILE '1037021.pdf' INTO TABLE complete FIELDS TERMINATED BY '%%EOF' (d_c)

in the Query Browser 1.1.17, MySQL 5.0.15, running on W2K. Field d_c is defined as LONGTEXT.

The following bad things happen:

1. The PDF gets loaded into 553 separate rows, instead of just one record.
2. I get an error in the Query Browser (bottom pane, under the Result Set pane) after completion:

Row 42 was truncated; it contained more data than there were input columns (error 1262).

3. If I change column d_c to be TEXT or BLOB, I get the same errant results.
4. If I remove the FIELDS TERMINATED BY clause, I get the following error repeated 64 times between rows 48 and 176, where nn runs from 48 to 176:

Row nn was truncated; it contained more data than there were input columns (error 1262).

I've done a search on the list archive through the beginning of the year and only found one set of three messages relating to LOAD DATA INFILE failing for loading PDFs (and Word and XML), but the author later solved it himself without telling us what he was doing wrong :(.

Suggestions? Have I a big concept problem or just a little syntax one?

Whil