I guess you should be able to run multiple instances if you start each
instance on a different port.

sujay

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Fischer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:17 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Multiple MySQL services running on the same machine

Hi all

i just read some postings related whether it is possible to run multiple
services of mysql on windows. One posting states, that is's not possible,
another states that is can be done using mysqld-nt for the first instance
and mysql-nt-max for the second instance and a third posting states that
this can be done for mysql >= 4.0.2.

Is any of this right? And if yes, how do i have to set up the services? I
guess, i need a my.cnf file for each of the instances, of course using
different datapaths and ports. But how can i install the mysqld-nt service
multiple times using different service names and refering to different
my.cnf files?

Thanks a lot for your help!
- Frank