That seems like a long time. Although I don't know how much data you are importing, how many indexes you have on the database, memory, etc. How you are going about importing can affect your speed dramatically. If you are importing a tab delimited (or other delimination) file, you should get much better speed. If you are importing a mysql dump that does individual inserts, then the speed you are seeing may be the best you'll get.