From: Remo Tex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:54 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Column type problem

As seen in manual there's no exact data type for your kind of data:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/date-and-time-type-overview.html
see also:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/column-types.html
so you can:
1. Use 1 timestamp column and 1 INT column just for milliseconds 2. Use
BIGINT [or even DECIMAL with new high-precision arithmetic :-) ] column
to store time elapsed since ... some epoch in milliseconds or
centiseconds so the wrap-around period is ten times as long. ;-)

Yet be carefull with MySQL TIME Type : "The following alternative
formats are also understood: SS, MMSS, HHMMSS, HHMMSS.fraction. Note
that MySQL doesn't (yet) store the fraction."
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/time.html

HTH