Hi folks,

I'm converting a database to MySQL, and rewriting the code to work with MySQL from the old datastore.

One of the fields in one of the tables is a longtext type that contains a history of system accesses - each time the system is touched in one form or another, a few more lines of text will be added to this field.

I need to perform this same functionality in the new code, and I can't for the life of me find an elegant way to essentially do

update MYTABLE set MYFIELD = MYFIELD + "more text" where <condition>

I've looked at concat and other string functions as well as searched on 'update' and 'longtext', but the results haven't been useful. Am I missing something easy, or will this be more involved than a simple one-line SQL statement?

Thanks,

Whil