Jeffrey G. Ubalde wrote:

Good day list!

I would just like to ask a somewhat not so intelligent question. What is the downside of indexing almost all of the fields in a table? Is it advisable?

Indexes have to be built... so if you did that, for every query that alters the data many indexes will have to be written. A lot of extra overhead if they will never be used. Look to see where indexes are needed by the types of queries you are writing. Add a slow query log to my.cnf.
This will give you a very good idea of where you might need some indexes.
Then trace the queries to make sure the indexes you've created are being used.

Cheers,
Mike