Peter Brawley wrote:
abhishek jain,

 >I need to find the country name from the country prefix so eg. i have
 >a mysql table with prefix and name as the coumns and with datas like :
 >1          USA
 >11        XYZ
 >44        UK
 >91        India
 >92        Pakistan
 >123      ZXF

You mean 'Country Code', right? 'International prefix' usually means 'international dialing prefix' (eg http://kropla.com/dialcode.htm#IDD).

Country codes can be 1-4 digits long, and some satellite services use multiple codes for some countries, so it's a much better idea to separate country phone codes into their own column.

PB

Umm, isn't that exactly what he's done? Perhaps you mean it would be better if the string to match came with the prefix already separated from the rest of the string? That certainly would be better, if he has control over that end of things. In the meantime, his data is not separated, so separating it will require performing the match he asked for.

Michael