Using mysql 5.0.15 my query gets a result of "Unknown column 'i.rid' in
'on clause'"

There is actually a complete query, but this is a snippet, as the
selects with subqueries I don't believe will cause the problem.  When I
changed c.rid=i.rid to c.rid=c.rid, the query executes. It is incorrect,
but at least it runs, so, it appears that that the last join is where
the problem is.

Any suggestions as to what might be the cause?  Thanx.

FROM items i, nams.netids n
INNER JOIN nams.names AS na ON n.badge=na.badge
INNER JOIN nams.affiliations AS a ON a.badge=na.badge
INNER JOIN nams.roles AS r ON a.role=r.code
LEFT OUTER JOIN nams.regterms AS t ON (na.badge=t.badge)
LEFT OUTER JOIN curuse AS c ON (c.rid=i.rid)
WHERE i.rid=12415 AND n.netid='alb' AND i.status='A' AND c.badge IS NULL
LIMIT 1;

When I use explain on mysql 4.1.08 I get this:
- ----------------------------------------------+

+----+--------------------+-------+--------+--------------------------------+------------+---------+----------------+------+----------------------------------------------+
|  1 | PRIMARY            | i     | const  | PRIMARY
    | PRIMARY    |       4 | const          |    1 |

|  1 | PRIMARY            | n     | const  | PRIMARY,netid_badge_ndx
    | PRIMARY    |      12 | const          |    1 |

|  1 | PRIMARY            | na    | const  | PRIMARY
    | PRIMARY    |       4 | const          |    1 | Using index
                          |
|  1 | PRIMARY            | a     | ref    | badge_ndx,role_ndx
    | badge_ndx  |       4 | const          |    1 |

|  1 | PRIMARY            | r     | eq_ref | PRIMARY
    | PRIMARY    |       2 | nams.a.role    |    1 |

|  1 | PRIMARY            | t     | ref    | badge_ndx
    | badge_ndx  |       4 | const          |   12 | Using where
                          |
|  1 | PRIMARY            | c     | ref    | curuse_ndx
    | curuse_ndx |       4 | const      deptid  |    1 | Using where

|  6 | DEPENDENT SUBQUERY | f     | ref    |
badge_ndx,role_ndx,college_ndx | badge_ndx  |       4 | const          |
   1 | Using where; Using temporary; Using filesort |
|  6 | DEPENDENT SUBQUERY | r     | eq_ref | PRIMARY
    | PRIMARY    |       2 | nams.f.role    |    1 |

|  6 | DEPENDENT SUBQUERY | d     | eq_ref | PRIMARY
    | PRIMARY    |       2 | nams.f.college |    1 | Using where; Using
|  5 | DEPENDENT SUBQUERY | f     | ref    | badge_ndx,role_ndx,dept_ndx
   | badge_ndx  |       4 | const          |    1 | Using where; Using
temporary; Using filesort |
|  5 | DEPENDENT SUBQUERY | r     | eq_ref | PRIMARY
    | PRIMARY    |       2 | nams.f.role    |    1 |

|  5 | DEPENDENT SUBQUERY | d     | eq_ref | PRIMARY,dabbr_ndx
    | PRIMARY    |       4 | 4 | const          |    1 |

|  2 | DEPENDENT SUBQUERY | names | const  | PRIMARY
    | PRIMARY    |       4 | const          |    1 |

20 rows in set (0.01 sec)
- --
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    [EMAIL PROTECTED]