that depends because SugarCRM doesn't delete anything from DB just marks item as deleted using this field.

Do you have an index for deleted column?
It should help.

Can you apply any more filter in the users table (like date)?
You are requesting all rows.

no, because purpose of this query is to list all contacts, and using LIMIT contacts are then paginated on web site.

Pay attention that a "ORDER BY name" would be executed in
all rows, regardless the LIMIT clause.

How many rows do you have in the users table?

We are not sure how many user will be in our DB, but my asumption is that there should not be more than 40 - 50, but don't take my word on it...

Hmmm, so you should do better job in the accounts table.
If this query is used frequently, perhaps filtering by only one user should help.

Will it be enough to use only my-huge.cnf file or we can do some more tweaks?

I guess so.
The bellow documentation has helped me a lot, although it´s for 3.23 version:

http://www.tnt.uni-hannover.de/print/plain/soft/database/MySQL/Docs/manual_Performance.html

Ronan