Hello all,

I am having trouble compiling a client program on a SCO UNIX 5.0.4

I wrote a simple C program to connect to the mysql server which by the way
is  the binary distribution 3.23.36. I am using the SCO cc compiler and
linker. I know how to compile programs on this platform. At least I used to
think I knew what I was doing.

What I have receiving is an error at link time about an unresolved reference
to a symbol 'getrusage' in libmysqlclient.a.

The development system I am using is my main system at my company. My goal
is to migrate the development from using CTREE to mysql. I tried using
various flavors of GCC over the past few weeks after reading many posting
and suggestions. this produces more errors.

As a test I took one of my old system from home. Put the SCO 5.0.4 system on
it, added the default SCO development system, added the mysql distribution
and magically the program compiled!

Does anyone out there know where 'getrusage' lives. I see a reference to the
function in my /usr/include/sys/resources.h header but man show nothing. I
have also post a request to SCO about their libraries.

Any information/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Menard
Houston, TX