Hassan Schroeder wrote:

Gobi wrote:

MySQL 5.0.15 and Tomcat 5.5.12.  However, I cannot seem to get a
connection object from my servlet and for the life of me, I can't figure
out why.  Here is what I have done:

and I created the following servlet, TestSQL:

It's possible the two items below are transcription errors --

  private Connection conn = null;

  try {
    if (conn == null) {
        Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
        connW =

? "conn" != "connW" :-)

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/hostname", <id>,

Shouldn't the "hostname" above be "databasename"?

However, correcting those two items, your code works fine on my own
(slightly backlevel: TC 5.5.9 + MySQL 4.1.13+Connector/J 3.1.6) dev
system.

Thanks. Actually, I figured it out last night. It was the hostname when it should have been the database name.