AmirBehzad Eslami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 24/11/2005 18:36:25:

> On 24/11/2005, Alec worte:
>
>   > I think this is your problem: MySQL does not properly support
Unicode
>   > until version 4.1. I am successfully using FullText with MySQL
> 4.1 to sort
>   > UTF-8 encoded Japanese text. I see no reason why it should not work
for
>   > Arabic - if you upgrade.
>
>   Dear Alec,
>   Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
>   You're right. That's my problem. I admit it.
>
>   But I'm really unable to solve this by upgrading.
>   Many of the Hosting Companies, which I use their services [even
> the HostRocket.com] still use MySQL 4.0 !!!

Googling for <hosting mysql 4.1> gives a number of companies offering
MySQL 4.1 and PHP 5. Obviously I cannot comment on their competence.

>   1) Would you recommend any hosting company with PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1
support?

>   2) What about if my client only use MySQL 4.0 for his reasons. In
> this  case, I really can't use FULL-TEXT search? There is no any
solution?

No. It is inherent in the Fulltext mechanism that the text indexing engine
knows which bytes represent indexable characters and which separators.
Before 4.1, Fulltext was 8-bit only - end of story.

        Alec