At 04:16 PM 11/25/2005, you wrote:
Hello all! I was going through my forums yesterday, when suddenly I got a critical error. The message was 'could not connect to database' so I went to restart MySQL by going into /usr/local/mysql/var/ and sending a kill `cat mydomain.com.pid`. and then backed up into the /bin/ and sent a './mysqld_safe &' to start up the server again. But this time it said 'mysql ended 0'..

I then I checked through phpMyAdmin and got a 2002 error : could not connect through .sock file. I checked for that and it wasn't there (because mysql didn't start up properly I assume). Why would this suddenly happen? Thanks for any advice in advance!

Version : 4.0.36
Jail : FreeBSD 4.8

-Zan

Zan,