I've also experienced this. The 5.0.16 RPMs for RHEL3 worked fine on a
RHEL3 box.

As for the RHEL4, I even tried recompiling the source RPM's and still
got the dependency error! I ended up using the generic RPM's as those
installed fine.

For me, it's a moot point anyway as 5.0.16 isn't stable enough for my
app -- it crashes on subselects of the same table. I downgraded to
5.0.15.