Hi,

I'm relatively new to the MySQL / Web development  - database
environmeent, having moved from Microsoft SQL. Just two questions ?

1. I have an ASP.Net page that commits data to a MySQL database. I have
several check boxes on the page. What data type do I define my fields in
the database as (similar to a boolean value) to write a checked value.
2. I have a foreign key field in the database. On the web page I have a
drop down list populated by the text value from table in the database
that the foreign key refers to. How can I convert this to a integer
reference in the page so that I can write the foreign key.

Thanks in advance,

#dewald.troskie
#gis.developer
#gis.global.image.(pty).ltd
#helping.the.world.make.informed.decisions
#p.o.box.15.the.innovation.hub.0087
#(c)+27.(0)72.685.4246
#(t)+27.(0)12.844.0660
#(f)+27.(0)12.844.0668