Clearly you don't read instructions as well as you'd like us to think. As has
been pointed out by numerous people, the instructions that were suggested to
are applicable to the version of MySQL that you are running (3.2.3)

I followed the link suggested to you, and it took me a whole second to discern
that the instructions are applicable to 3.2.3. (Hint: look at the title of
the page, namely 'MySQL 3.23, 4.0, 4.1 Reference Manual.

So your entire arguement about giving this list a bad name is fallacious. You
complained that people should give proper answers or shut their mouths. Well,
if you had taken ANY time to really look at the FREE advice that someone
kindly gave you, perhaps you'd realize that the answer is fine.

Not to mention that in your complaint you end up doing the same thing that you
are complaining about, namely giving yourself a bad name. I don't watch this
list religiously but happened to check this thread. I will remember your
name, and it will be a cold day in hell before i give you any help.

Furthermore, when i read your statement of "Never mind anyone responding, I'll
find my own damn answers" it sure implied to me that you wouldn't be back to
this list, considering its horrible reputation and all. But not more than 10
minutes later, you are back posting to the list again. That really reminds me
of small children saying things like "I hate you, im never talking to you
again" and then ten minutes later are asking you for help.

If you're coming to a free source for help, at least be gracious and realize
that people are helping you for no gain of their own. Not to mention that
EVERYONE makes mistakes, including you. You made the mistake of thinking that
the answer you received didn't apply to the MySQL version that you're using.

Also, if you're going to make an ultimatum (such as never returning to this
list), at least stick with it. Don't come back ten minutes later.

--
Sean Peters
Senior Programmer, WIREData Inc.

"The software required Windows 2000 or better, so i Downloaded Linux"