Barbara,

Are cursors supported outside of stored procedures,

My understanding is that cursors are supported in sprocs only.

PB

-----

Barbara Deaton wrote:

All,

I'm actually looking for a RTFM reply here.  I need to simulate SQLSetPos and
SQLBulkOperations in my application which is written with the MySQL C API.  I
thought MySQL 5.0 was supposed to have cursor support, but the only thing I can
find in the documentation is regarding server side cursors via stored
procedures.

Are cursors supported outside of stored procedures, if so where can I find this
information?  I've googled "mysql cursor support" and they all take me back to
the same place in the doc:  17.2.11. Cursors.

Thanks for the information.

-Barb.