"wangxu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/01/2005 09:40:27 PM:

>    I do a select with command-line.But the results can't show in a
> screen because there are a lot of rows.Can i show the results with
> separated pages?

I don't know about the other shells but in a CMD or COMMAND shell (either
on Win32) you can change the virtual width of your screen by changing the
screen buffer settings. Right-click somewhere and go to properties. Check
out the buffers tab. I set mine to be about 2000 columns wide and about
6000 rows tall and I hardly get any table wrapping any more (embedded
newlines in text data still wrap some rows of data but that's about it).
Unless I get more than 6000 rows back from a query, I can scroll up and
down to my heart's content.

Every shell I know has some form of the MORE command. If you pipe the
output of a command-line query through the MORE utility on your system, it
will give you the page-by-page output I think you are asking for.

An alternative to displaying your output to screen is to either tee your
output to a file or redirect it through the shell's > command modifier.
Once you have your results in a file, you can view them any way you like.
For information on using the tee command built into the CLI:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/mysql-commands.html

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine