Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 8:07 PM
Subject: rollback after crash on OS X

Hello,

Something weird happened on Wednesday: My Mac OSX Server unexpectedly
restarted itself around 7PM. Everything seemed to be functional after
that. However, I just noticed that basically a week worth of changes
to a MySQL database have disappeared. Gone. Vanished. Objects that
were created within a week leading to the crash have completely
disappeared. Objects that were changed during that time show no sign
of those changes. I could maybe understand if data from one session
somehow was lost, but these changes were done over multiple sessions
over a period of a week.

The mysql log shows no shutdown info. The last error entry before
restart is from the 21st. It definitely was an unclean shutdown.
However, there are no startup errors.

-------------
051130 19:01:15  mysqld started
051130 19:01:15 [Warning] Setting lower_case_table_names=2 because
file system for /var/mysql/ is case insensitive
051130 19:01:26  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43634
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.1.13a'  socket: '/var/mysql/mysql.sock'  port: 3306
Source distribution

I not familiar enough with MySQL to even know where to begin looking
for what could have happened. Any thoughts/suggestions?

thanks,

Jaime