hi there.

1st time posting to this list (and although i know linux, libraries linking is
above my level slightly as yet) so apologies if this is a case of rtfm but i
can't find a clear definition on this subject.

I want to run Postfix with Mysql support for aliasing etc. I installed postfix
with non-mysql support and it worked fine. installed Mysql 5 (latest version),
recompiled postfix with mysql support and postfix didnt work. I was told there
was a fair chance that the reason for this was that the mysql binary tarball i
downloaded didnt contain libmysqlclient.so.

Thus I want to install what would be the mysql-devel package for Centos onto
my linux centos system without using the actual package. I want to compile
mysql on my system with the libmysqlclient.so files.

I'm told it's the dynamic package and the compile strings in the docs all seem
to be "all-static". can anyone help an idiot out and provide me the string for
compilation of mysql 5 please to include the development libraries please?

thanks very much and once more, apologies if it is a case of deeper rtfm.

Daryn