I report a solution of my problem for other people ho have (or will have) the
same problem.
I THANK VERY MUCH THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME!!!!
Mario.

IN A FEW WORDS:
Istalling rpm of MySql don't meas that MySql can run.
Some linux version (like My RedHad) have MySql istalled but not "inizialie"
So MySql don't run (In mandrake MySql is also inizialized).

SOLUTION:

[root@localhost bin]# ./mysql_install_db
Preparing db table
Preparing host table
Preparing user table
Preparing func table
Preparing tables_priv table
Preparing columns_priv table
Installing all prepared tables

To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy support-files/mysql.server
to the right place for your system

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root USER !
This is done with:
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password 'new-password'
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h localhost.localdomain -p password
'new-password'
See the manual for more instructions.

You can start the MySQL daemon with:
cd /usr ; /usr/bin/safe_mysqld &

You can test the MySQL daemon with the benchmarks in the 'sql-bench'
directory:
cd sql-bench ; run-all-tests

Please report any problems with the /usr/bin/mysqlbug script!

The latest information about MySQL is available on the web at
http://www.mysql.com
Support MySQL by buying support/licenses at https://order.mysql.com

[root@localhost bin]#

[rino@localhost bin]$ su
Password:
[root@localhost bin]#  safe_mysqld --user=root
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql

4.16 Post-installation Setup and Testing

Once you've installed MySQL (from either a binary or source distribution),
you need to initialize the grant tables, start the server, and
make sure that the server works okay. You may also wish to arrange for the
server to be started and stopped automatically when your system
starts up and shuts down.

Normally you install the grant tables and start the server like this for
installation from a source distribution:

shell> ./scripts/mysql_install_db
shell> cd mysql_installation_directory
shell> ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &

For a binary distribution, do this:

shell> cd mysql_installation_directory
shell> ./bin/mysql_install_db
shell> ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &

This creates the mysql database which will hold all database privileges, the
test database which you can use to test MySQL and also
privilege entries for the user that run mysql_install_db and a root user
(without any passwords). This also starts the mysqld server.

mysql_install_db will not overwrite any old privilege tables, so it should be
safe to run in any circumstances. If you don't want to have
the test database you can remove it with mysqladmin -u root drop test.