Hi Marco,

My hint is to read the BDB section of the manual:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/bdb-start.html

specifically the part that says:

" With the bdb_max_lock variable, you can specify the maximum number
of locks that can be active on a BDB table. The default is 10,000. You
should increase this if errors such as the following occur when you
perform long transactions or when mysqld has to examine many rows to
execute a query:

bdb: Lock table is out of available locks
Got error 12 from ...

You may also want to change the binlog_cache_size and
max_binlog_cache_size variables if you are using large
multiple-statement transactions. See Section 5.11.3, "The Binary Log".
"

What is your binlog_cache_size and max_binlog_cache_size?

-Sheeri