It's not possible in the query, but I wonder if there's a UDF you
could write that takes in the name of a table, and then a list of
columns NOT to show, and outputs a string of comma-separated values.

That'd be neat, so then you could write:

SELECT allBut(mytable,badfield1,badfield2,. . .) FROM mytable;

Would that even work?  Is the query done first, and then the UDF
performed?  (my apologies for throwing out an idea that may or may not
work).

-Sheeri