At 11:17 -0800 12/9/05, Kemin Zhou wrote:
All,
I am using the perl DBI to access a large table. I need to a simple manipulation of the table then write it to a file. If I use the simple "select * from table" then process this statement on the client side, it looks that the client first receive all the content of the table. This causes memory out on the client machine. Looking into the manual of 4.1, I don't seem to see the create cursor method. So what is the best way to accomplish this job using 4.1.

If anyone had some experience on this would you let me know.

Set the mysql_use_result statement attibute.  For details, try

perldoc DBD::mysql

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA