C.R.Vegelin wrote:
Thanks JR, Shawn, Scott, ... for your replies.
I choose to make use of the SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE.
This works fine, but I also want a header-line in the CSV file.
So I made the following statement:

SELECT `ID`, `Code`, `Name`
UNION
SELECT `ID`, `Code`, `Name` INTO OUTFILE 'D:/MySQL Datafiles/Units.csv'
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n'
FROM Units ORDER BY `ID`;

But this makes the header-line a trailer-line in the csv file, like this:
11,kg,KiloGrams
12,g,Grams
13,Ton,Tonne
ID,Code,Name

Any idea how to make a sorted csv file with a real header-line ?
TIA, Cor

I suspect your query is treated as

  (SELECT `ID`, `Code`, `Name`)
 UNION
  (SELECT `ID`, `Code`, `Name` INTO OUTFILE 'D:/MySQL Datafiles/Units.csv'
   FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n' FROM Units )
 ORDER BY `ID`;

when you want

  (SELECT `ID`, `Code`, `Name`)
 UNION
  (SELECT `ID`, `Code`, `Name` INTO OUTFILE 'D:/MySQL Datafiles/Units.csv'
   FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n'
   FROM Units ORDER BY `ID`);

You see the difference? The former sorts all the rows by id, while the latter only sorts the second query's output.

Michael