Well Roberto,

it could be anything... analyzing your my.cnf file and variables would be looking through spagetti (i like spagetti ... but not in this flavour).

the time your database hangs, are the intervals random minutes/seconds/hours? or is there a constant interval like precise on 30 minutes the mysql database hangs.

perhaps a trial and error method should do the trick? it could be your disk quota? perhaps a process which kills the database? perhaps first run the database using defaults. keep the my.cnf file as small as you can.

build a new mysql-version; and run this one, see if it reacts the same as your database.

can you tell me the mysql>\s values?

i am just giving you some hints, to analyse the problem using trial and error. i am sorry i can't give you the full solluton; because too many factors can cause the error.

Danny

Roberto Rodriguez Garrido wrote:
MySQL hangs every 30 minutes, it start to make a big process and when I make a show variables I get that values:

+---------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| Variable_name                   | Value                       |
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| back_log                        | 50                          |
| basedir                         | /usr/                       |
| binlog_cache_size               | 32768                       |
| bulk_insert_buffer_size         | 8388608                     |
| character_set_client            | latin1                      |
| character_set_connection        | latin1                      |
| character_set_database          | latin1                      |
| character_set_results           | latin1                      |
| character_set_server            | latin1                      |
| character_set_system            | utf8                        |
| character_sets_dir              | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/  |
| collation_connection            | latin1_swedish_ci           |
| collation_database              | latin1_swedish_ci           |
| collation_server                | latin1_swedish_ci           |
| concurrent_insert               | ON                          |
| connect_timeout                 | 10                          |
| datadir                         | /var/lib/mysql/             |
| date_format                     | %Y-%m-%d                    |
| datetime_format                 | %Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s           |
| default_week_format             | 0                           |
| delay_key_write                 | ON                          |
| delayed_insert_limit            | 100                         |
| delayed_insert_timeout          | 300                         |
| delayed_queue_size              | 1000                        |
| expire_logs_days                | 0                           |
| flush                           | OFF                         |
| flush_time                      | 0                           |
| ft_boolean_syntax               | + -><()~*:""&|              |
| ft_max_word_len                 | 84                          |
| ft_min_word_len                 | 4                           |
| ft_query_expansion_limit        | 20                          |
| ft_stopword_file                | (built-in)                  |
| group_concat_max_len            | 1024                        |
| have_archive                    | YES                         |
| have_bdb                        | NO                          |
| have_compress                   | YES                         |
| have_crypt                      | YES                         |
| have_csv                        | YES                         |
| have_example_engine             | NO                          |
| have_geometry                   | YES                         |
| have_innodb                     | YES                         |
| have_isam                       | YES                         |
| have_ndbcluster                 | DISABLED                    |
| have_openssl                    | NO                          |
| have_query_cache                | YES                         |
| have_raid                       | YES                         |
| have_rtree_keys                 | YES                         |
| have_symlink                    | YES                         |
| init_connect                    |                             |
| init_file                       |                             |
| init_slave                      |                             |
| innodb_additional_mem_pool_size | 1048576                     |
| innodb_autoextend_increment     | 8                           |
| innodb_buffer_pool_awe_mem_mb   | 0                           |
| innodb_buffer_pool_size         | 8388608                     |
| innodb_data_file_path           | ibdata1:10M:autoextend      |
| innodb_data_home_dir            |                             |
| innodb_fast_shutdown            | ON                          |
| innodb_file_io_threads          | 4                           |
| innodb_file_per_table           | OFF                         |
| innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit  | 1                           |
| innodb_flush_method             |                             |
| innodb_force_recovery           | 0                           |
| innodb_lock_wait_timeout        | 50                          |
| innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog  | OFF                         |
| innodb_log_arch_dir             |                             |
| innodb_log_archive              | OFF                         |
| innodb_log_buffer_size          | 1048576                     |
| innodb_log_file_size            | 5242880                     |
| innodb_log_files_in_group       | 2                           |
| innodb_log_group_home_dir       | ./                          |
| innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct      | 90                          |
| innodb_max_purge_lag            | 0                           |
| innodb_mirrored_log_groups      | 1                           |
| innodb_open_files               | 300                         |
| innodb_table_locks              | ON                          |
| innodb_thread_concurrency       | 8                           |
| interactive_timeout             | 28800                       |
| join_buffer_size                | 2093056                     |
| key_buffer_size                 | 134217728                   |
| key_cache_age_threshold         | 300                         |
| key_cache_block_size            | 1024                        |
| key_cache_division_limit        | 100                         |
| language                        | /usr/share/mysql/spanish/   |
| large_files_support             | ON                          |
| license                         | GPL                         |
| local_infile                    | ON                          |
| locked_in_memory                | OFF                         |
| log                             | OFF                         |
| log_bin                         | OFF                         |
| log_error                       |                             |
| log_slave_updates               | OFF                         |
| log_slow_queries                | OFF                         |
| log_update                      | OFF                         |
| log_warnings                    | 1                           |
| long_query_time                 | 10                          |
| low_priority_updates            | OFF                         |
| lower_case_file_system          | OFF                         |
| lower_case_table_names          | 0                           |
| max_allowed_packet              | 67107840                    |
| max_binlog_cache_size           | 18446744073709551615        |
| max_binlog_size                 | 104857600                   |
| max_connect_errors              | 10                          |
| max_connections                 | 1000                        |
| max_delayed_threads             | 20                          |
| max_error_count                 | 64                          |
| max_heap_table_size             | 16777216                    |
| max_insert_delayed_threads      | 20                          |
| max_join_size                   | 18446744073709551615        |
| max_length_for_sort_data        | 1024                        |
| max_relay_log_size              | 0                           |
| max_seeks_for_key               | 18446744073709551615        |
| max_sort_length                 | 1024                        |
| max_tmp_tables                  | 32                          |
| max_user_connections            | 0                           |
| max_write_lock_count            | 18446744073709551615        |
| myisam_data_pointer_size        | 4                           |
| myisam_max_extra_sort_file_size | 2147483648                  |
| myisam_max_sort_file_size       | 9223372036854775807         |
| myisam_recover_options          | OFF                         |
| myisam_repair_threads           | 1                           |
| myisam_sort_buffer_size         | 67108864                    |
| ndb_autoincrement_prefetch_sz   | 32                          |
| ndb_force_send                  | ON                          |
| ndb_use_exact_count             | ON                          |
| ndb_use_transactions            | ON                          |
| net_buffer_length               | 16384                       |
| net_read_timeout                | 30                          |
| net_retry_count                 | 10                          |
| net_write_timeout               | 60                          |
| new                             | OFF                         |
| old_passwords                   | ON                          |
| open_files_limit                | 5010                        |
| pid_file                        | /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid  |
| port                            | 3306                        |
| preload_buffer_size             | 32768                       |
| protocol_version                | 10                          |
| query_alloc_block_size          | 16384                       |
| query_cache_limit               | 2097152                     |
| query_cache_min_res_unit        | 4096                        |
| query_cache_size                | 134217728                   |
| query_cache_type                | ON                          |
| query_cache_wlock_invalidate    | OFF                         |
| query_prealloc_size             | 16384                       |
| range_alloc_block_size          | 2048                        |
| read_buffer_size                | 2093056                     |
| read_only                       | OFF                         |
| read_rnd_buffer_size            | 520192                      |
| relay_log_purge                 | ON                          |
| rpl_recovery_rank               | 0                           |
| secure_auth                     | OFF                         |
| server_id                       | 0                           |
| skip_external_locking           | ON                          |
| skip_networking                 | OFF                         |
| skip_show_database              | OFF                         |
| slave_net_timeout               | 3600                        |
| slow_launch_time                | 2                           |
| socket                          | /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock |
| sort_buffer_size                | 4194296                     |
| sql_mode                        |                             |
| storage_engine                  | MyISAM                      |
| sync_binlog                     | 0                           |
| sync_replication                | 0                           |
| sync_replication_slave_id       | 0                           |
| sync_replication_timeout        | 0                           |
| sync_frm                        | ON                          |
| system_time_zone                | CET                         |
| table_cache                     | 1800                        |
| table_type                      | MyISAM                      |
| thread_cache_size               | 384                         |
| thread_stack                    | 196608                      |
| time_format                     | %H:%i:%s                    |
| time_zone                       | SYSTEM                      |
| tmp_table_size                  | 268435456                   |
| tmpdir                          | /tmp                        |
| transaction_alloc_block_size    | 8192                        |
| transaction_prealloc_size       | 4096                        |
| tx_isolation                    | REPEATABLE-READ             |
| version                         | 4.1.10a-Debian_2ubuntu0.1   |
| version_comment                 | Source distribution         |
| version_compile_machine         | x86_64                      |
| version_compile_os              | pc-linux-gnu                |
| wait_timeout                    | 28800                       |
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------+
183 rows in set (0.00 sec)

And that is my my.cnf

[mysqld_safe]
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
nice            = 0
open_files_limit = 8192

[mysqld]
user            = mysql
pid-file        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
port            = 3306
# Both location gets rotated by the cronjob.
# Be aware that this log type is a performance killer.
#log            = /var/log/mysql.log
#log            = /var/log/mysql/mysql.log
# Error logging goes to syslog. This is a Debian improvement :)
basedir         = /usr
datadir         = /var/lib/mysql
tmpdir          = /tmp
language        = /usr/share/mysql/spanish
skip-external-locking
#
# For compatibility to other Debian packages that still use
# libmysqlclient10 and libmysqlclient12.
old_passwords   = 1
#
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
# bind-address          = 127.0.0.1
max_connections = 1000
key_buffer = 128M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
join_buffer_size = 2M
read_buffer_size = 2M
sort_buffer_size = 4M
table_cache = 1800
thread_cache_size = 384
wait_timeout = 900
connect_timeout = 10
tmp_table_size = 256M
max_allowed_packet = 64M
max_connect_errors = 10
read_rnd_buffer_size = 524288
bulk_insert_buffer_size = 8M
thread_concurrency = 4
query_cache_limit = 2M
query_cache_size = 128M
query_cache_type = 1
query_prealloc_size = 16384
query_alloc_block_size = 16384
#
# Here you can see queries with especially long duration
#log-slow-queries       = /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log
#
# The following can be used as easy to replay backup logs or for replication.
#server-id              = 1
#log-bin                        = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
# See /etc/mysql/debian-log-rotate.conf for the number of files kept.
max_binlog_size         = 104857600
#binlog-do-db           = include_database_name
#binlog-ignore-db       = include_database_name
#
# InnoDB is enabled by default with a 10MB datafile in /var/lib/mysql/.
# Read the manual for more InnoDB related options. There are many!
#
# Read the manual, too, if you want chroot!
# chroot = /var/lib/mysql/
#
# If you want to enable SSL support (recommended) read the manual or my
# HOWTO in /usr/share/doc/mysql-server/SSL-MINI-HOWTO.txt.gz
# ssl-ca=/etc/mysql/cacert.pem
# ssl-cert=/etc/mysql/server-cert.pem
# ssl-key=/etc/mysql/server-key.pem

[mysqldump]
quick
quote-names
max_allowed_packet      = 16M

[mysql]
#no-auto-rehash # faster start of mysql but no tab completition
[myisamchk]
key_buffer = 64M
sort_buffer = 64M
read_buffer = 16M