Notes in-line

=C=
www.calevans.com

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 18:33 +0100, Juan Jose Sanchez Mesa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We have 2 MySQL servers and now we have purchased one more powerfull server
> and want to combine the databases from the two older server into the new
> server.
Yes, you can. I would shut both servers down, mysqldump them, import the
dumps into the new server point the applications to the new server,
bring the new server back on-line.

> Can we just make dumps from older server and make restores into new servers ?
Yes. Although unless you know for sure that there are no duplicate
databases, i would do it one database at a time instead of the entire
server.

> What happen with databases users
If you dump and then restore the mysql database, it will restore the
users. However, you probably need to audit the user accounts first to
make sure that there are no duplicates between the servers. then just
create the inserte statements for the accounts you want.

> Any way to do it automaticaly ? How about server-to-server dump/restore with
> no use of .sql file ?
You probably could but I'd not do this if I were you unless you know for
sure that there are no duplicate databases.