Hi all,

The documentation states:  "MySQL has two Unicode character sets. You
can store text in about 650 languages using these character sets."

and goes on to show collations for UCS-2 and UTF-8.  Does that mean
that UTF-16 and UTF-32 are not supported in MySQL (aside from MaxDB
supporting UTF-16)?

On a related note, I've checked around at unicode.org, and I cannot
seem to find a list of languages or scripts (script=latin, cyrillic,
etc) and how many bits of storage they require.  I could go through
the entire unicode database and figure out how many bits it would take
to store each character and deduce from there, but before I do that
work, I was wondering if folks had any experience?  I also web
searched, but to no avail.

Thanx for any insight!

-Sheeri