Gleb Paharenko wrote:

Hello.

Check that MySQL doesn't die during the query. See:
 http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html
Gleb,

I should mention that I get no log errors and I even have it set to warn .... does this mean mysql could die and not log the error? I have gone through this document for the last week rewritten code based on the suggestions and still get the error.

Regards,
Doug

oug Dalton wrote:
I am running mysql 4.1.13 on Suse 10 and I get an error on a simple
select query,  I have checked the threads on lost connection and my
connection times as well as making sure my calls are all made from non
forking processes  etc...  I cannot seem to resolve this error?  can
someone point me in the right direction? I notice if I remove the LIMIT
statement I get fewer errors... but that cannot be the cause of the problem

[14-Dec-2005 17:32:20] DB_Error Object
(
  [error_message_prefix] =>
  [mode] => 1
  [level] => 1024
  [code] => -14
  [message] => DB Error: no database selected
  [userinfo] =>  SELECT * FROM buser Where
mUserID='d86659dcee2cf9933d84ea337b1b9785' LIMIT 0,1 [nativecode=2013 **
Lost
connection to MySQL server during query]
  [backtrace] => Array
      (
          [0] => Array
              (
                  [file] => /usr/share/php5/PEAR/DB.php
                  [line] => 888
                  [function] => PEAR_Error
                  [class] => DB_Error
                  [type] => ->
                  [args] => Array
                      (
                          [0] => DB Error: no database selected
                          [1] => -14
                          [2] => 1
                          [3] => 1024
                          [4] =>  SELECT * FROM buser Where
mUserID='d86659dcee2cf9933d84ea337b1b9785' LIMIT 0,1 [nativec
ode=2013 ** Lost connection to MySQL server during query]
                      )

              )